The artistic collective LOXOSconcept, with the support of Matera - Basilicata 2019 Foundation, KEYHOLE cultural association, BLUE CAT BLUES association, Spaziomusica association, the Arsenale Ensemble promotes the fourth edition of MA/IN 2019 [MAtera INtermedia festival].
The MA/IN 2019 will take place in MATERA 19 - 22 September 2019.
The city of Matera is “European Capital of Culture 2019”, and LOXOSconcept is project leader for the 2019 Sound Art cultural programming. The MA/IN festival is aimed at the production and promotion of sonic and digital arts at an international level.
DEADLINE: May 5th, 2019 (23:59 - Rome time)
C A T E G O R I E S
[A] Acousmatic ~ fixed media music. Multi-channel compositions are accepted.
[B] Mixed Media ~ for instruments and electronics/multimedia (fixed or live).
It is possible submit works written for any kind of instrument and combination except acoustic keyboards (piano, harpsichord, celesta, organs).
Preferred instruments are:
Flute (Alto, C, Bass)
Voice (Soprano, Mezzosoprano)
Percussion (max #2 percussionists)
Saxophone (Soprano, Alto, Tenor)
Clarinet (Bb, Bass)
Synth and digital Piano
Musicians will be provided by the organisers. The composer can provide their own performers.
4th matera intermedia festival
[C] AudioVisual ~ works with pre-prepared video and music. The video part can be of any kind. It must be single-screen, A full HD projector is available.
[D] LivePerformance/SoundArt ~ works that include electronics and other elements [for instance, a piece with a new interface, laptop, performer and interactive live video, real-time coding, laptop improvisation etc]. Sound Installation are allowed [this category covers audio-visual installations, pre-recorded or generated in real-time, interactive or not].
If your work does not fit into any of above categories, please choose a category anyway. All entries will be evaluated in the arrival order and according to the following criteria: aesthetics, originality, innovation, technology and quality of the presentation.
The selection panel consists of professional and renowned composers/artists; it will assign:
• #4 AWARDS of DISTINCTIONS (one per category)
• #n HONORABLE Mentions (even more than one per category)
• 1 GRM Tools Complete II Licence (granted by INA GRM)
• 4 Max/MSP 8 | full licenses (granted by Cycling ’74)
The MA/IN organization will :
* Make available a fund “travel grants” of 2000€ in total in order to support selected artists (firts of all winners and honourable mentions ones)
* Will make available other prizes/gifts (music software) for the winners
• provide AudioVisual Recording for all live performances.
• publish the MA/IN 2019 digital booklet
• realize a MA/IN 2019 digital mixtape (for acousmatic music)
• provide professional musicians and technical support.
- The competition is ANONYMOUS and open to composers of any nationality and age.
- Works submitted in the previous edition and not selected are eligible.
- It is possible to submit one or more works. The submitted work may have been performed in concert.
- All works will be submitted only through the online application form on the website http://www.materaintermedia.it. Artists submitting works should create and submit STEREO MP3-formatted audio files (also for multi-channel works) or video files (via an online accessible permanent link) of their works.
- Technical specifications for performance and scores should be submitted as well, in PDF form. Installation proposals must include a spatial/physical diagram.
- If any additional equipment is required, proposals should specify what can be provided by the artist/composer and what the festival is expected to provide. Please create links to your files (or a single shared folder with all files). The links and the files have to be ANONYMOUS. The composer's name is not to appear anywhere on the score itself, nor on any recording or video. The file is to be named only with the title of the work.
- The selection process will be in two rounds; Awards of Distinction and Honorable Mentions will be given.
1) Register at http://www.loxosconcept.com/main/submission/registration filling out the necessary information (name, surname nationality, email etc.)
2) Submit your work [ works ----> add (+) ]
3) Fill out the application form providing the required links to your work. If you choose to enclose all files in a single shared folder, put the same URL in all fields.
ALL SHARED LINKS HAVE TO BE ACCESSIBLE UNTIL OCTOBER 2019
The submission of the form for participation at the MA/IN 2019 is open to authors and performers of any age and nationality.
The ENTRY FEE is €25.00 (twentyfive/00 Euros) per each submission. It is possible to submit one or more works also in different categories.
There is NO REGISTRATION FEE or other fees after the selection. Entry fees are non-refundable except in the event of the festival being cancelled.
Payment of the registration fee may be made by one of the following two ways:
1) Via PayPal (preferred):
2) Via bank transfer:
Account name: LOXOSconcept
Bank name: BCC Basilicata Credito Cooperativo
Branch: via Nazario Sauro, 130, 85100 Potenza PZ
Selected artists are strongly encouraged to be present at festival (not mandatory). The Festival cannot cover the travel costs of participants, anyway some accredited accommodations are available.
Once the participants are selected, we will send all those who met the selection criteria invitation letters via email.
Result will be declared in June, 2019
MA/IN 2019 festival: 19-22 September 2019
The Festival is not subject to the Italy’s D.P.R. 430/2001 regulation governing competitions and prize competitions, as its goal is the production of a work of art for which the awarding of the prize is a recognition of personal merit; the award is therefore subject to the exclusion admitted under art. 6, comma
1, letter a) of the aforementioned D.P.R. 430/2001.
LICENCES COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSIONS
1. By compiling the registration form, the participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to these regulations.
2. Submitting author accept to become associate member of LOXOSconcept. LOXOSconcept is a no profit association and the call is open only for members. The entry fee is considered as a membership fee (associate member - 2019). Personal data will be not disclosed to any third party.
3. While participants maintain ownership of submitted material, by participating they concede the right to the Festival to utilise said material free of charge for purposes of communication and promotion, including the publication, duplication and/or reproduction of submitted material on CD/ DVD/CD-ROM or via the official website.
4. Registration by participants attests to the originality of the work/composition.
6. The award is regulated by the brief published on the official website www.materaintermedia.it .
7. The LOXOSconcept association reserves the right to make changes to the competition announcement if and when necessary.